Other Olmsted Projects in Buffalo
Please note, there is a newer version of this website, located at http://www.olmstedinbuffalo.com. The new site is textually complete, but not all images have been migrated. It has a more modern, yet clean, format. Once the images have all been added, this version of the site will be maintained, but it will not further updated. Give it a visit!
City and County Hall, Buffalo, N.Y., about 1906.
Park Designs Not Constructed:
- Soldier's Memorial Arch 1874-1876 (not constructed).
- South Park (proposed) 1886 (not constructed).
- Addition to The Front 1887-1891 (partially constructed).
Grounds of Public Buildings:
- City and County Hall (now Old Erie County Hall) 1875-1878 (partially destroyed by building additions).
- New York State Asylum for the Insane (now the Buffalo Psychiatric Center, the Richardson Complex, and Buffalo State College) ca. 1877 (partially destroyed by building additions).
- Ontario Power Company, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada 1904.
- Buffalo Civic Center 1919 (lost).
Communities and Subdivisions:
Plan of Parkside, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Parkside Subdivision 1872-1886.
- Hyde Park Land Syndicate 1880-1890.
- Villa Park Land Company 1885-1887.
- Depew Improvement Co., Depew, NY 1892-1894. (partially completed).
Plan for the Depew Improvement Company, Depew, NY
- John J. Albright, 730 West Ferry Street, Buffalo, NY 1890-1907 (lost).
- Edmund B. Hayes, 147 North Street, Buffalo, NY 1891-1893 (lost).
- William A. Rogers 1893-1895.
- Robert Livingston Fryer 1900-1901.
- Spencer Kellogg Sr., residence, 805 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 1904 (lost).
Return to Olmsted in Buffalo.
Copyright 1997-2010 Stanton M. Broderick