Please note, there is a newer version of this website, located at http://www.olmstedinbuffalo.com. The new site is textually complete, but not all images have been migrated. It has a more modern, yet clean, format. Once the images have all been added, this version of the site will be maintained, but it will not further updated. Give it a visit!
The Refectory, the Parade, 1875:
Vaux' Preliminary Plan for the Refectory at the Parade, 1875.
(The rear galleries and tower were omitted from the structure when constructed.)
Refectory (or, The Parade House), The Parade, 1875 (destroyed by fire, 1876.):
Refectory, Rear View, The Parade, 1875 (destroyed by fire, 1876.):
Refectory, Gallery Detail, The Parade, 1875 (destroyed by fire, 1876.):
Boat House, The Park, 1875 (subsequently enlarged; demolished in 1899.):
Park Superintendent's House (The Farmstead), The Park, 1875 (demolished, 1950):
Boat Landing Seating, The Park, 1875 (re-sited in 1899; lost between 1917 and 1951):
Summer House (or, Spire House), The Park, 1875 (demolished sometime between 1901 and 1917):
Rustic Bridge, The Park, 1875 (demolished):
Viaduct (over Delaware Street), The Park, 1875 (Demolished and replaced by the Works Progess Administration.):
Music Stand, The Front, 1875:
The "elaborate" Music Stand which Vaux proposed for the Front was not constructed.
No preliminary sketch nor copy of plans is known to have survived.
Return to the Calvert Vaux biography.
Return to Olmsted in Buffalo.
© 1998-2010 Stanton M. Broderick